Sunday, June 20, 2010

Congratulations Card by Vicki


I L-O-V-E the new Petaloo Color-Me-Crazy flowers!! My first purchase was the Assortment Pack, because I wasn't sure how much I would like them - HA! These are amazing. They come in plain white, and you can color them with the medium of your choice - Copics, inks, paint, chalk - so much fun, and soooo easy to coordinate!! I have been using the smaller flowers in my scrapbook projects, but was at a loss with what to do with the huge flowers that came in this pack. Then, after perusing some of my favorite blogs, I got the idea for this card!!

I used coordinating papers to make the base of the card, using a triple pane effect to create visual interest. I wanted to keep it simple, so that all the attention went to my big flower accent. I colored my flower with my Copic markers. Copics are so much fun...you can get so many shades of the same color with just one marker. (These flowers are made of an absorbant material, so it soaks up the color but it also leaks thru a little bit - so make sure to use something underneath the flower to 'catch' the color! I use my Ranger mat - it provides a nice smooth surface and holds up to EVERYTHING!) I used R20 - Blush for the main color. I colored over the flower three times, which turns the light blush color into a pretty light coral. Then, I went back to each petal and did a light stripe of R29 - Lipstick Red. Then I went back over AGAIN with the R20, to blend in the red just a touch. This softened the red lines nicely. I used a giant red button in the center, adhered with glue dots, which work nicely with a variety of non-paper products! The "Congratulations" sentiment is a sticker from my stash.

Cutters Creek Items used:
Copic Markers - R20, R29
Petaloo Color Me Crazy flower assortment
Glue Dots

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails