Thursday, June 2, 2011

These are a few....

of my favorite things!! Yes, this card.....is made with
some of my absolute favorite products!! This is our
theme this month, so watch for some absolute goodies!!

I LOVE anything and everything that is Tim Holtz,
and the Tim Holtz (TH) Sizzix Texture Fades are
number one on the list!! The ability to create layers
with these embossing folders and Tim's inks is limitless!!
The first way to do this, is to ink the actual folder.....the
pic below shows the look WITHOUT ink on the left,
and WITH ink on the right.....

I love the depth you get when you rub the TH Distress Inks
(Brushed Corduroy here) directly onto the embossing folder.
But you don't have to stop there....next, a layer of TH Walnut
Stain Distress Ink was applied with a foam applicator, it really
"pops" the numbers and creates even more visual texture.....

Next step....it's very subtle in the pic (sorry!) but it really
brings out the numbers even more, to use an even darker
color of ink, a layer of Distress Ink in Black Soot applied
the same, but concentrating on just the numbers on the
clock faces.....

Then....a little detour....lol.....to the center of my card......
I used a HUGE favorite of mine, the Fancy Tags 3. I had
saved the negative image from cutting a tag out for a
different card, and then just trimmed it to fit my card.

And the finishing touch of the clock piece, was brushing it with
a little gold paint (I use the Adirondack Daubers) and then
lightly sanding it to take some of the gold back off. Then a piece
of the original kraft cardstock is centered under the black
cardstock "frame" and the word "DAD" stamped with an alpha
from my stash. I added a bit of TH Walnut Stain Distress Ink
to darken the cardstock around the word "DAD" a bit, resulting
in the finished project....


A great card for Dad (it would also work for a "Grad"!!).

Hope you enjoyed some of "My Favorite Things".....check
them out at Cutter's Creek!!

(PS this card was made with a 5&1/2" by 4&1/4" base,
and the kraft piece was 5&1/4" by 4")

Available at Cutter's Creek:
Tim Holtz Texture Fades (Clock & Steampunk)
Tim Holtz Distress Inks (Brushed Corduroy,
Walnut Stain & Black Soot)
Tim Holtz ink applicator
Adirondack Paint Daubers
Fancy Tags 3

Ok--many of these items are sold out (I guess they
are truly favorites....lol) but Kim can re-order....
please just ask!!

2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails