Thursday, September 13, 2012

Winter Wonderland Card by Deanna M



My card for you today is a 5" X 7" white card stock base. I added a black mat cut a 4 3/4" X 6 3/4". I then added some snowflake paper from the My Minds Eye Winter Wonderland  6" X6" paper pad. I then cut some white card stock to look like a snow mound and added some Flower Soft Glitter Frosting Hint of Green. I wanted to cut my pond from some of the Tim Holtz Mirror Sheets. I will tell you it did not cut well with my Cricut. I cut the pond from the Create a Critter cartridge at 1 1/2" and used my Gypsy to hide the little ripples that cut. (The pond is found under the accessory feature on the hippo cut). I used a multi cut of 4 and did that twice so 8 times but it still didn't cut. I did use the line cut by my cricut and my Tim Hotlz scissor to cut out my pond. I cut my ice skater at 4 1/2". I used paper from my stash for her. I then stamped my sentiment. Sure hope you like her. It was a bit hard to photograph the mirrored paper and it is picking up the reflection from the "white snow".


5 comments:

  1. What a fun card. Thanks for letting us know the mirror sheets don't cut on the cricut, too. You did a fantastic job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deanna your card is precious. I love the skater figure and I know the mirrored paper is beautiful on person. I wish I had the know how to take photos that show off things like the mirrord paper. Even the glitter dust doesn't show up as beautiful as it is in peraon. Hugs, Fran

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's just so beautiful and graceful! I love the papers and the mirrored paper is perfect for the pond! I love some Flower Soft Glitter and you used it beautifully! Just gorgeous!

    Hugs,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails