Sunday, July 11, 2010

Fairy Card by Mandie


Today I have created this adorable fairy card using one of my favorite stamps sets and my much neglected Cuttlebug! I always forget how much I love the texture that it adds to my projects. So I dusted off my Cuttlebug and pulled out the folders and was inspired by the texture of the one from this Cuttlebug Plum Blossom Embossing Folders Set.

I embossed a piece of 4” x 4” Core’dinations Cardstock and then sanded to reveal the green underneath. Next I stamped my fairy from the Enchanted Lily Stamp Set onto a sheet of white card stock with my Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored her using some markers from my stash as well as my favorite flesh toned Copics. I bought the flesh colors first because they are so hard to get right. The colors I used here were: E00 and E11 for the flesh and R20 for her cheeks.



After I had her colored just right I added a little bling with my favorite Sakura Jelly Roll Pen! I use it to add a little sparkle to a lot of my projects! Then I used a oval cutter and cut out my image and used the next size up to cut the frame from the reverse side of my cardstock.

Then I cut a 1 ½” x 4” strip of patterned paper from the Basic Grey Origins Paper Pack. I am in LOVE with the gorgeous papers in this pack! Then I adhered it all to the card base along with that gorgeous green ribbon. Then I stamped my sentiment and added the little brackets around it by hand. Then for the finishing touch I added a few Twinkle Jewels along the side of my card with some Glue Dots. I hope I will inspire you to dust of your Cuttlebug and play with those embossing folders!


Products Featured:

Cuttlebug Plum Blossom Embossing Folders Set
Core’dinations Cardstock
Enchanted Lily Stamp Set
Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
Copic Marker E00
Copic Marker E11
Copic Marker R20
Sakura Jelly Roll Pen
Basic Grey Origins Paper Pack
Twinkle Jewels
Glue Dots

1 comment:

  1. Very cute card Mandie! That new folder looks like it makes a very nice background!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails