Friday, July 9, 2010

Oriental Weave All Occassion Card by Chris


Here’s my second project with another Cuttlebug embossing folder. This time I used the bamboo shoots from the Oriental Weave set. I started out thinking this would be a thank you card (and it still could), but I decided to leave the inside blank. Sometimes I just need a card with a quote that just speaks to me at the moment. When I came across the Kahlil Gibran saying on the internet, I knew I wanted to use it and felt it was perfect with the serenity of the bamboo.


I used Core’dinations again (I just love the two for one colors of these papers), ran a 5x7 piece through my cuttlebug and then sanded the image. I used SCAL and my gelpens to write the sentiment. I kept fiddling with how to put the saying on the card. Initially, I was using green Core’dinations paper and I tried using my gel pens right on the Core’dinations, but it didn’t show up enough. I tried a rectangular piece of cardstock on top of the Core’dinations and didn’t like that either when a brainstorm struck. I used my Deckled Small Rectangles and reverse cut the leaves of the bamboo so they would spill over the opening, which would frame the sentiment. To cut the leaves I used my Fiskars fingertip control knife and the healing cutting mat on my ScorPal; then I wedged the deckle nestability under the leaves (cutting edge facing away from them) and ran through my cuttlebug.



The sentiment was “cut” on green copier paper. I glued the embossed cardstock over the sentiment and trimmed the paper. Next I cut white cardstock 10x7, scored at 5 inches and inked the edges (inside and out) and the fold line with Weathered Wood distress ink. All that was left to do was mount the card front with my ATG, stamp the back of the card with one of Image Tree’s “made bys” and glued a 6.5x9.5 piece of beige copier paper into the card. Not necessary, but I just feel this gives a more finished look to some cards.

Cutters Creek Resources:

SCAL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails