Sunday, July 24, 2011

Christmas in July by Chris

I am never one to be ahead of the game so this was quite a challenge for me to shift gears from all those summer projects that are lined up and think of Christmas. I knew I wanted to have nothing to do with SNOW! Searching through my stash I came across my Graphic 45 Christmas Past paper and fell in love with these angels. I fussy cut both sets of them out using my Cutter Bee Scissors and then I scanned it in and printed it on white cardstock so I would have a third layer to work with, and fussy cut that. I cut them apart for layers so they would have depth when I used them.


While I was waiting for the ink to dry on the scanned image, I cut an 8.5x11 piece of white cardstock down to 7.5x11 and scored it at 5.5 with my ScorPal. I then cut a piece of green shimmery paper at 7.5 x 5.5 and used ScorTape to adhere it to the card front. The gold rectangle is another piece of Graphic 45 cut to just a quarter of an inch smaller than the background (also glued with ScorTape). The lace stickers were in my stash and since the matched the green so well that I couldn’t resist adding them to frame the angels. Before I started to build up the angels, I used my Gold Spica pen and traced over the sentiment and glued it down. It really darkened the sentiment and gave it a soft glow that I just love.


Then, using pop dots I built the angels up. I followed the colors on the Graphic 45 and used my Pink and Melon Spica pens to highlight them and the Clear Spica to fill in the white with some sparkle. I hope you can see that because it makes all the difference in the card. My final touch was one of my PDC Poinsettia’s I had made at Christmas time. I used some Glue Dots to set it on the card. And gee, a Christmas card done in July! Maybe I need to be challenged more this summer so my Christmas letters will be all ready before school goes back into session—LOL.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris another beautiful project. I am envious of your skills and creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris, FABULOUS job on your card! LOVE the way you "altered" the feathers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chris your card is beautiful. I love Graphic 45 paper too and angels. The colors and layout are done so perfectly. Thank you for the inspiration. Hugs, Fran

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails