Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Chris' Beyond Birthdays Cricut Card

Need a quick and easy card? Use the card foundations on your Cricut cartridges. This one is from Beyond Birthdays.


I started with my papers. I knew I wanted to use the floral piece as the card base, but the blues and greens I had for accents were a bit too bright. To tone them down I rubbed Peeled Paint Distress ink on the green and Weathered Wood on the blue and misted them.

Once that was done the card was a breeze. I set the dial size to 7 inches on my Cricut Expression and kept it there for all the cuts. I then chose the Foundation key: card and the “hugs to you” image. Once that cut, I chose the Foundation key: Framed and the “hugs to you” image. I now had the card with a circle opening, the words “hugs to you”, and a circular frame. I cut the blue paper to fit the inside of the card (about a 4.75 square) and glued it down with my ATG. I then glued the circle frame around the opening with a Zig Glue Pen. Using Spellbinders Nestabilities Classic Small Circles, I cut a 2.5-inch circle from black cardstock, and a 2-inch one from Apricot POW! Glitter Paper. I centered the black circle in the opening and glued it down with my ATG. I mounted the words on the smaller circle using my Zig Glue Pen, and then used pop dots to mount it on the black cardstock circle. The final touch was a Lemon Lime Cutters Creek Gardenia flower.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails