First up, an elegantly simple card using papers from Graphic 45's Christmas Emporium paper pad.
|5x7 card base|
I started with a kraft card base. I chose my design from the "Santa Express" sheet of images, cut it out, and measured its height & width. Using my Cricut Gypsy, I chose a frame I liked from the Elegant Edges cartridge that had a similar height/width ratio. (Remember, Kim can special order just about any cartridge you want!) I then "unlocked" the height and width fields so they wouldn't adjust together. I then adjusted the height and width independently until the inner opening of the frame was approximately the same size as my cutout design. (Slightly larger is great!) I then cut the frame using some coordinating cardstock.
I then cut a 4.5"x6.5" mat from the green side of the "Merry and Bright" sheet. I distressed the edges of all of my papers and my card bases using a sponge tool. I adhered the green paper to the card, then layered on the frame using the ASI Kool Tak clear foam squares. Next, I adhered the cutout design within the frame. Finally, I added a touch of Polar White Flower Soft to my holly for added dimension. VERY easy!
My second card takes a bit more time, but totally worth the effort for its beauty!
|5x7 card base|
Memento Tuxedo Black, colored it with Copic markers, then added his hat band and pom pom using white Liquid Applique sprinkled with clear glitter. Note: to get this effect, sprinkle the glitter while the Liquid Applique is wet, then let it dry for a couple of hours before you heat it with your embossing gun. I then distressed the entire image by sponging on some distress ink. I also used the ink on my Doodle Bug twine so it would match better. I stamped a small holly image on scrap as well, and colored & cut it out to use as an accent.
I used papers from Echo Park Paper's Season's Greetings 6x6 paper pad to create my background. I used a brick Texture Fades embossing folder to create my accent piece on coordinating cardstock, then added additional dimension by distressing with multiple colors of ink. I edged all of my paper pieces in black ink, since my image was stamped in black - it helps tie everything together. I assembled the card, and popped up the image using the Kool Tak clear foam squares.
If you're interested, here's a list of specific Copic colors used in the Santa image:
E000, E00, E11, R20, R24, C2, Y17, YR04, YG63, G99, R29, R35, R39, and 0 colorless blender