Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Taking your Scrapbook Supplies off the page

We all spend a lot of time collecting scrapbook supplies and most of us got started with scrapbooking because we loved crafts in general.  I thought I would share a few ways I use my scrapbook supplies to make things other than paper crafts.  Also I would like to apologize for the lateness of this Tutorial Tuesday.  I accidentally washed my iphone in my jeans pocket the other day and I didn’t know how to function.  I had my calendar in there, all my contacts and everything so I’ve  been a little out of sorts for the past few days.

This first project is a flower I made for my daughter to wear in her hair. 

photo(1)

I printed the Santa image from Santa’s Village on my Imagine and then punched it out with a 1 inch circle punch.  I added it to a bottle cap with a glue dot and sealed it with an epoxy sticker. 

My next project and the tutorial part of this post is how to make a glass tile pendant.  First, I picked some paper that had a nice small repeating pattern.  You pick paper because you think it’s pretty so why wouldn’t you like jewelry made out of it ?  I chose this pattern from Echo Park and punched a 1 inch square you could also use your paper cutter if you don’t have a 1 inch square punch. 

Here is a picture of my paper square and my glass tile  ( you can also use a scrabble tile if you have those laying around).

paper and tile

Next you take some glossy accents and kind of dot it all over the front of the piece of paper.  Move slowly and don’t shake it you don’t want to get bubbles. 

crystal effects

Then you lay your tile on top of the paper and center it.  Let it dry for quite a while.  I laid mine of wax paper so I didn’t glue it down to my desk. 

photo(2)

After it is good and dry, you need to turn it over.  If you have any excess paper, gently sand it off around the edges and put a coat of glossy accents over the back of the paper too. When both of your coats are dry, you need to add a bail to the tile with some really good strong glue  so that you can attach it to a necklace.  My paper tile isn’t done yet, so I’m using Miss Piggy as an example for this step.

photo(3)

Now I’m ready to add it to some chain or a ribbon and wear it as a necklace. 

Cutters Creek Shopping List

Glossy Accents

Scrapbook paper

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails