This sweet little Lolli-pot favor was cut with a file from Creations by AR (they come in SVG, DXF, and PDF format and this one is easy to cut by hand). Each piece was cut from a different pattern from the paper pad. Before placing the insert in the pot, a sucker is inserted through the hole upside down. I then created my large flower using an oversize bottle cap and some flowers from my stash. The package of Petaloo Color-Me-Crazy flowers has some large flowers that are perfect for this! To finish off my project, I used Stickles in Baby Blue, Cotton Candy, Lime Green, and Pink.
Now, for a little talk about adhesive - if you belong to our Yahoo group, you know that Kim has been taking signups for an adhesive club. Officially, signups are closed for the club, but if you get in touch with Kim by end of day Friday (2/15) she should be able to add you in. I use a variety of adhesives when putting this type of item together, and I have a feeling that all of them will be making an appearance in the adhesive club! Here's what I use, and why I use it:
- Scor Tape - great for holding together simple 3-D items because it holds instantly, but once it's stuck, it's stuck. I used this on the actual flower pot.
- Glossy Accents - great for small areas and for more complicated items because it gives a bit of wiggle room for adjustments but it does dry pretty quickly. (I usually count to 60 to be safe!) I used this to assemble the tray for the pot and to stick the pot to the tray.In addition to being a great adhesive, as its name implies, it makes great epoxy-like accents.
- Mini Glue Dots (3/16") - great for sticking small things to other things, or sticking things to small and/or odd-shaped things. I used three of them to stick my big flower to my sucker stick.
- Cosmo Cricket Glubers (2") - great for sticking larger items together, especially heavy items. I used these to adhere the layers of my flowers and the bottle cap to the center.
Items available from Cutters Creek:
- 6x6 paper pad - mine is Echo Park Paper, but there are almost 30 choices in the store!
- Scor Tape 1/4"
- Glossy Accents
- Mini Glue Dots
- Glubers 2"
- Color Me Crazy flowers
- Lolli-Pot template from Creations by AR
- 2" bottle cap
- Epiphany Crafts heart 25 punch and epoxy bubbles
- sucker (I used a Charm's blow pop)