Tuesday, February 12, 2013

My Heart Belongs 2 U....by Laura C

Sometimes....don't you want to just get inky and have fun?
That is what this project is about....just pulling out
different inks, paints, stamps.....and having a 
crafter's paradise of playtime!


I started with a blank base tag.....then I stamped and
embossed the heart (a Tim Holtz stamp) using WOW embossing
glitter in Angel Wings then inked the rest of the tag up
with Distress Inks:
Festive Berries, Barn Door, Shaded Lilac.
I dripped water on it to give the background
a more distressed look. 

After using a distressing tool around the edges of
the tag....I reinked with more Barn Door ink.
Then I lightly brush the tag with Adirondack
Paint Dauber in Pearl.  I also used the daubers
on the metal #2....first Red Pepper, then while
still wet....some Pearl to mix it into a silvery pink.
I also used the Pearl to fill in the word "Cherish" on
the metal tag and brushed it around the edge of
the plastic TH fragment piece under the letter
"U".....that piece was also colored with Red
Pepper Alcohol Ink.  Then I inked up the
love definition stamp from the TH
"Love Struck" set in white, and stamped
randomly on the tag.  Then it was just finishing
touches....a bit of TH tissue tape under
the letter U (which is a TH sticker) and
attaching TH baubles, charms, and some
seam binding ribbon.

Many of these fun items are in Cutter's Creek,
if you can't find them in store....please ask Kim,
she is glad to order for you as well!

Take some time to have a little of your own
creative playtime....hope we can inspire you to
do just that!

1 comment:

  1. Laura I love your tag. And I know just what you mean about getting your hands all inked up. It really is fun. Hugs, Fran

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails