Thursday, July 11, 2013

Smash Books #2 with Cindy

Hi everyone,
It's Cindy and I am back again with my second part on using Smash Books. Today's post is using Smash Books with children. Now, my kids are 5 & 6 so they are mostly at the glue and stick stage. They can't quite use my Cricut and they haven't really caught on yet to scrapbooking or keeping memorabilia from a trip or journaling. So in this project they have to really be guided. Older children could do more - they could keep a journal on their trip, they could use a Smash book to scrapbook their summer vacation and so much more.

For this project, I cut out many elements on my Cricut before we even left for our trip. I went through each of their scrapbooks and any paper that I thought would be too difficult or "ugly" to work with I covered with paper from my stash. When we got back from our trip, I cut out any additional elements and printed out my pictures. I had the kids use the Smash glue sticks for this project.
 All but one of these pages is from my son's book. He just finished the first grade so I had him do some basic journaling. My thought is that we would have the next vacation maybe two in this book and it will be really fun to see how their scrapbooking and journaling changes.
 This is the page from Lily's book and she missed covering the wording on this page (by accident, I am sure) but it totally works.



You can see every page and hear me discuss my processes in the video.


Be sure to visit the Cutters Creek store to purchase the products that I used today:
Smash Books
Washi Tape
ATG Gun and Tape
Smash Date Stamp

Suggested Items:
Smash Pad - Blank
Smash Tape - Like This
Smash Tape - Swatch

Cindy

1 comment:

  1. Cindy I enjoyed your video and seeing how you put your smash books together. Great job! Hugs, Fran

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails