Saturday, November 9, 2013

Thanksgiving Place Holder

Hello, It is almost Thanksgiving and my part is the decorations since my mom does the cooking of the turkey. I am going to make place card holders. I got this file from SVGCuts.com called Happy Thanks.This files works on machines that are compatible with SCAL, like Craftwell eCraft that Kim sells in the store. 

 It is a little house that is about 11" wide, and the banner on top is the name of the person. I used all the paper I had at home. I made the houses in 2 different colors, light brown and a dark brown. The window and banner are out of white, and vellum was used for the window. The roof  was some paper that had Thanksgiving colors I liked. The door paper was cut out of some paper that had turkeys on it. The door knob was a small rhinestone bronze.

front view
 
 
 
 











back view



The banner I used the mini glue dots to hold it in place on top of the roof. All others I used Scotch quick-dry adhesive. The opening in the back I put a small piece of candy, or you could put a tea-light(battery operated of course)it would look like some one is in the house.
Hope you liked this project for Thanksgiving. Have a great weekend all.

3 comments:

  1. Michelle your place holders are so cute. I can see lots of love went in to making them. Hugs, Fran

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michele, your place holders are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michele, your place holders are so cute.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails