Monday, December 14, 2009

Wendy's Red-Nosed Reindeer

Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.....da da-da da-da da da!!! (insert music notes, you all know the tune!)

O...MY...GOSH...!!! Do you see this card! How freakin cute is that? I mean really. We will talk about the details here in a minute, but right now I just want to send Wendy some props! She has really out done herself this time!

First, ignore the image (I know...its hard) and just look at the card base. This is something that you could easily put together ahead of time and then add the appropriate image when you were ready to send. Actually, this is something that I do all the time. If I have a day when I get to camp out in my craft room, I pick a fun layout and assemble at least half a dozen blank cards. Since I am doing them in bulk, and cutting all the pieces at once, it goes together really quickly. Then, when I need a card, all I have to do I choose the image I want, color it, and I'm ready to go!

And about that image! There are so many things that I want to point out that I am having trouble figuring out where to start! Look closely at Rudolph's nose. Do you see how it seems to actually glow? This is thanks to a product called Glossy Accents. An option that we haven't touched on before, Glossy Accents would make the perfect addition to your box of tricks. Wendy has used this product to accent the little pom-poms on the hats as well as the studs on the belt around Rudolph's waist. To apply Glossy Accents, just use the precision tip to gently squeeze a small amount of product directly where you want it to go. The result is a clear, domed effect that adds shine and depth to your project. Click Here to check it out at Cutters Creek.

The image for this card is off of the Pink Cat Itty Bitty Christmas set. Wendy is really showing her Copics skills here with the shading on Rudolph! He is perfect! And, the use of an Inksentials Gel Pen on the cheeks is the perfect finishing touch. This image could be used as a card, an ornament or even as a place holder at Christmas dinner. The options are endless!

If you have any questions for Wendy about the products or techniques that she has used in this awesome card, just ask! As always, we are here to help!

Wendy's Red-Nosed Reindeer was created using the following products:
  • Glossy Accents
  • Copics
  • Coredinations, The Chocolate Box
  • Inksentials Gel Pen in White
All of these products can be purchased directly from Cutters Creek!

Thanks for sharing Wendy! As always, you have outdone yourself!

2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails