Nothing says L-O-V-E like our children. Make your layouts soft and sweet for Valentines’ Day. Added touches like stickers and dimensional pieces bring out the sweetness of your little ones. Pastel chalks are a perfect way to add extra color, soft yet vibrant. Pebbles Chalk palettes have so many colors along with shades, that it is easy to create a dimensional element in no time.
The technique used is called the One Color Pull-Out. This is where you use only 1 color of pastel in each area of the image for shading. Apply the color chalk you want in areas that the shadows would be and pull the color out from the shadow with the color lightening the more you pull the color out. Leave white areas for the highlights. Make sure you stamp your image in permanent ink such as Memento’s Tuxedo Black. Added touch: Edge little word die cuts with chalk as well. Not always necessary, but if you’d like, use an archival spray sealer to seal the chalk.
- Cardstock (Bazzill)
- Pastel Chalks (Pebbles Basic Palette)
- Photo’s or copies of photo’s
- Permanent ink, Memento’s Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
- Stickers and word die cuts
- Floral outline Stamp
- Memory and Craft Dot n’ Roller Dispenser (Glue Dots)
- Scissors (Tonic)
- Optional: Tortilla Stump (paper rolled to a point to use in fine areas of pastel work)
These products can be purchased from Cutters Creek!
Post a Comment