Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Tutorial Tuesday - Teaser by Mandie

So I don't have all my pics taken for my tutorial... YET! I will get them all taken care of while my daughter is in school this morning. My day got away from my yesterday :) So in the mean time here are a couple of projects that I made with my Glimmer Mist:

I made this tag for a tag swap. I used my Snowflakes Cuttlebug Folder to emboss a tag that I cut on my Cricut from Tags, Bags, Boxes and More from some Bazzill Simply Smooth Cardstock. Then I used two colors of Glimmer Mist to create the background. First I gave a couple spritzes of Blue Skies over the whole tag. Then I used just a squirt of the Sapphire towards the bottom of the tag. Then I layered a torn piece of white card stock stamped with the word "Frosty" and a few snowflakes. It's actually the scraps from my leftovers from cutting out the tags. My little penguin was cut from the Create a Critter Cricut Cartridge. Then I added some rhinestones and fibers and Diamond Stickles on the scarf and have an adorable tag!


For this card I used the masking technique I taught last week. I cut the grass from Plantin SchoolBook with my Cricut and then used the positive AND negative. First I laid the positive on the bottom of my card and used a little scrap to block the rest of the bottom. Then I hand cut some cloud shapes out of more scrap cardstock and laid them where I liked them. Then I sprayed Blue Skies and Sapphire to create the sky. Next I grabbed the negative of my grass and covered up the sky part careful to line it up well. Then I used Meadow Green for the grass part. I cut the horse from the Four Legged Friends Cricut cartridge. Then I added an Action Wobble spring to the back so my little horse would look like he was dancing in the field. I added the "HAY there" sentiment and some bling to finish it off!

Check back here later this afternoon for the next installment of Tutorial Tuesday where I will give you a few more ways to play with Glimmer Mist!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails