Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year Crown by Mandie

I actually created this crown for the Cricut Circle Challenge this week but I thought you guys might appreciate seeing it too!


The crown is cut from the Once Upon a Princess Cricut cartridge. I used an 8 1/2" x 11" sheet of paper and used "Fit To Page" on the Cricut Expression machine to get the largest size possible. If I remember right it cut at 3 3/4". Then I turned off the Fit To Page function and set my dial to the correct size and cut the back of the crown. I was able to just turn the mat around to cut the back, I didn't need to add another sheet of paper.


Now one of the elements of the challenge was to add some bling. When I hear "BLING" I immediately think of American Crafts Glitter Cardstock and Stickles! For liner of the crown I grabbed my Silver Stickles and painted them onto the sheet of gray cardstock that also cut from the Once Upon A Princess Cricut Cartridge.


Then I cut the numbers 2011 from the Birthday Bash Cricut cartridge from Silver American Crafts Glitter Paper. The BEST part about this paper is how thick it is. I didn't need to cut the numbers out of chipboard or something first. I just used Multi-Cut 3, Pressure Max and Blade Depth 6 on my Cricut Expression Machine and it cut beautifully. Then I used my i-rock tool to add the rhinestones.


Next I twisted some silver pipe cleaners around my pencil to curl them and then hot glued them to my numbers and the crown. To finish it off I added pipe cleaner trim to the bottom of my crown! Then I grabbed my two adorable daughters to model it for me! The baby liked holding it but wasn't keen about actually wearing it. The 4 year old Fancy Nancy wannabe LOVED it and has since laid claim to it. Glad I was able to get a few pics of it before it disappeared!


Cutters Creek Shopping List:
Cricut Expression Machine
Silver American Crafts Glitter Paper
Silver Stickles

And tomorrow will be our very first "Tutorial Tuesday" featuring Glimmer Mist! Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails