Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Tutorial Tuesday - Glimmer Mist with Mandie

Hey, Everyone! I'm back with another fun Glimmer Mist Tutorial! I've decided to extend the deadline for the contest until Kim and I return from CHA... so the winner will be announced on Friday February 4th. So you have an extra week to add the link with your blog post to any of the Tutorial Tuesday posts (just add it as a comment)! So have you enjoyed this month's Tutorial Tuesdays? Any comments or suggestions for products you would like to see in the future? Next month we will be showcasing a favorite.... Stickles! And leading up to Valentine's Day we will be featuring some Valentine's Day projects, so make sure you check back often... and a little birdie told me there *might* be another challenge next month so get your Stickles ready!

Ok, on to today's project! You don't have to do any fancy masking techniques or anything to have fun with Glimmer Mist... I began this project with a piece of plain White Cardstock!


I sprayed my cardstock with a few squirts of the Meadow Green Glimmer Mist. Here's a fun tip... if you want more of a *mist* look, hold it farther away and spray quickly while keeping your hand moving. For a more *raindrop* look, hold the bottle closer and don't move it much. And remember to shake the heck out of it to prevent the sprayer from clogging.

I kind of dabbed the green a bit with my paper towel and then added Purple Pansy Glimmer Mist. Notice my Bazzill Splat Mat behind my paper to protect my desk. It is non-stick and heat resistant so you don't have to worry about scorching your desk while you are drying your paper with your Heat Gun!

Here's a look at both colors after I dried them with my heat gun.

Next I added some white paint to the edge of my 5" x 7" photo and my 6" x 8" photo mat. I just used my Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dabbers Bottle in Snow Cap and swipped it along the edges. Then I let it dry for a few and then dabbed more paint around it. Just layer until it looks the way you want it to. I sent them in front of the space heater under my desk to dry.... just don't use a heat gun... you don't want the paint to bubble.

I wanted to add a little Bling to my page and for some reason I needed a circular element so I cut a 10 1/2" circle and then folded in until I had these segments. Then I laid it on my background hanging off slightly and make little paper marks at the segments. I decided to add some rhinestones with my i-rock tool. You could also use Twinkle Jewels or the Kaisercraft Rhinestones! I was feeling lazy and didn't want to get up to grab my Twinkle Jewels, LOL!

Here's a look at some of the rhinestones. The white spots are the ones I decided to remove because they would be behind my photo.... you can also see the Scor Tape that I added to attach my ribbon. After I took this photo I decided I needed more bling so I used the same circle and lined up the spokes in between the jewels and made my marks again.

I added my title cut from the Robotz Cricut cartridge at 1 1/2" and my black and white polka dot ribbon. But I felt like it still needed something....

So I grabbed the closest White Flower. I love the Color Me Crazy flowers because they are made to color! Use your Glimmer Mist, Copics, Stickles... what ever you want!

Notice I REALLY soaked this flower. I wanted a really deep purple!

I added a couple of other flowers and a button from my stash...

...and add little journaling. And NOW I feel like my layout is complete! The photo is of our daughter Penny when she was two "driving" her Daddy's Mustang. She is still in love with his car!

I hope you enjoyed our last week of Glimmer Mist! Don't forget to grab your mists and enter our challenge to WIN more Glimmer Mist :)

Cutters Creek Shopping List:
Glimmer Mist - Meadow Green and Purple Pansy
Bazzill Splat Mat
Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dabbers Bottle in Snow Cap
Twinkle Jewels
Kaisercraft Rhinestones
Color Me Crazy flowers

2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails