Thursday, September 23, 2010

Little Fishies Layout by Chris


As many of you know I have been trying to catch up on my LOs and I am almost there. This LO is a day that all 5 grandkids (and their parents) were over. What fun! I started with 5 pictures (3 are 2x3 and 2 are 3x5) and a 12x12 primary color blue sheet. I cut two strips from a 12x12 pale green sheet: one 3x12 and one 4x12. Using my ATG, I glued the thinner sheet along the top and the 4x12 strip along the bottom of the blue base sheet and glued the smaller pictures on the top strip. I mounted the 3x5 pictures on a 3.25 x 5.25 rectangle before adhering to the bottom strip.

I then took the Cricut cartridge Life is a Beach and cut 3 sets of the fish border (p. 53 of the handbook). I set my expression on fit to length and chose a 3” length. The machine then cut it out with a width of 1 ¾ inches. I used a spray adhesive to mount the borders under each small picture. To tie the three pictures together I used Plantin Schoolbook’s zigzag (p. 70 in the handbook) and again used my fit to length key. This time I set the length to 2 ½ inches, which cut each strip to a .5 width. I made 7 of these. To get a 12-inch strip I overlapped the ends and glued them together; then glued the length over the top edge of the photos, trimming away the excess. Using George and Basic Shapes, I cut a 1 ½ inch circle from yellow, wrote the date using my Sakura Glaze pens and adhered between the photos.

I made my title (5 Little Fishies) in SCAL using a free font call Gentle Redhead and cut the shadow from the same yellow as the fish and the letters from the same color as the base paper. (I’ve attached the scut if you care to use it.) For the part “swimming in my pool” I used a trick a friend shared with me, and a yellow marker. Just draw two lines—I tried to make mine wavy like water—and write, making all letters touch both the top and bottom lines. I think it is a cool effect for journaling. What about you?

Finally I had to add some glitz so out came my stickles and I highlighted the number 5. Still not satisfied I dug in my stash and found some clear sequins. I used these to add a few more bubbles, which I attached with Glue Dots vellum glue.

Cutters Creek Products:
ATG gun
Cricut Cartridges: Plantin SchoolBook, Life is a Beach, George and Basic Shapes
SCAL
Stickles: Waterfall
Glue Dots Vellum Adhesive
Sakura Glaze Pens

1 comment:

  1. Great LO Chris. I have lots of swimming pictures from this summer that I have to. You gave me some great ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails