Saturday, October 16, 2010

Holiday Card with Vicki




I can't believe it's October already! Time to start thinking about Christmas cards!! I have created a simple and geometric holiday card, using just a few products, and a little imagination!

Thickers are great sticker letters, but they are large. I wanted to highlight the letters, but not overpower them. I cut a simple frame of red cardstock. Instead of keeping it plain, I used my Scor-Pal to highlight each of the corners, on an angle. I then marked two additional spots on each side of the original angle, and scored a line from the hash mark, back to the center of the corner, creating a sunburst effect. To highlight this sunburst, I brushed it with Pixie Dust Blingz. I adhered the frame to the front of the card.

Next, I attached the Thickers letters. It took a few tries to line everything up, but the stickers don't stick hard until you press them down, so I was able to move them around several times until I got it just right! To finish everything off, I added a clear Twinkle Jewel at the inside corners of the red frame, and added one to the dot of the 'i' for a whimsical effect.

Cutters Creek Items Used:
Twinkle Jewels
Scor-Pal
Dear Lizzy/American Crafts Foam Thickers
Shimmerz Blingz Pixie Dust

1 comment:

  1. I am always so WOWed by everything the Design Team Members post. Such creativity -- it makes me want to pull out my paper and adhesive and go crazy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails