Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Pirate Halloween by Lori B.

Think glitter is just for "girly" layouts?  Oh no, my friend, oh no.  Everything looks better with a little bling, and boys are no exception.  Two years ago, my son was a pirate for Halloween (yes, I know, I'm "behind") and I recently got around to scrapping those photos.  Complete with glitter and bling!


I used a simple sketch and mostly cardstock in order to keep the focus on the pictures.  Adding a touch of bling to a simple layout like this can really give it a pop.  Using American Crafts glitter cardstock, I cut my title using my Cricut and Happy Hauntings, and my pirate ship from Paper Doll Dress Up.  The cuts are adhered to my layout using Scor Tape.  The treasure chest is also from PDDU, cut from red CS.  I used my Crop-a-dile to punch the holes at the top of the blue mat and set the eyelets, then strung it with some hemp cord.


Supplies available from Cutters Creek:

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for you comment on my blog (babycards)!!! Like your blog too!! Bye!
    Anne-Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the touch of the hemp cord! Great LO

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails