Sunday, February 20, 2011

Red Hats Everywhere with Sandi

Every year the Red Hat Chapter I belong to hosts a social event and we have around 400 guests. I make the signage and table numbers and this year the theme was Beach Bash.

I began with the Welcome sign:


I cut the letters from the Cricut Plantin Schoolbook cartridge. I found the seashell images in MTC (Make the Cut) and used Pop Up Glue Dots to attach them. I found the butterflies which are actually hair clips and pulled off the clips and used a Hot Glue Gun, like the brand new I-Bond. I added Purple Stickles for the Bling factor. I cut the flip flops from a hand drawing and used Christmas Red Stickles to draw the straps. I found the big purple flowers and they too were hair clips and the roses in the center I made from a pattern I found in the MTC library. I adhered them with Glossy Accents and added Christmas Red Stickles. There can never be too much Bling and Glitz at a Red Hat Event. Each of the Roses along the bottom are made from the MTC library Rose pattern.

This is our Chapter Queen standing beside the welcome sign:


Next I made the table numbers. I found seashell and flip flop stamps and used the Ranger Adirondack Acrylic Paint Daubers in Wild Plum on the stamps and along the edge of the card. The edges are cut with decorative scissors. I added Christmas Red Stickles to the flip flop straps and red dots here and there to add a bit a bling to the overall image.



I made several signs and this one I like because I found the cards in the MTC Library and added Christmas Red Stickles to the hearts and Red and Purple Stickles to the Snacks sign. It’s all about the Bling!


And finally, I made a Flag Holder for our Chapter Flag. I used the
Ranger Adirondack Acrylic Paint Daubers to cover the wood and lots of Red and Purple Stickles.



Cutters Creek Shopping List:

Ranger Adirondack Acrylic Paint Daubers
Stickles
Pop Up Glue Dots
Glossy Accents
Cricut Machine

1 comment:

  1. Wow your group event certainly looked terrific because of the work you did. Love the table number signs and the banner. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails