Saturday, February 25, 2012

Happy St. Patty's by Laura C

One of the latest trends in crafting is texture....
a lot of different things going on that come
together for one great project! I love layering
in texture, and this card has a lot of it!....lol!

Here are the details:

The card is a basic 5&1/2" by 4&1/4" black
cardstock base. I layered it up with core d'nations
cardstock Jenni Bowlin collection....it's great
because it's pre-embossed! So I sanded it
lightly to bring out the embossing, and I cut
another 2" piece and turned it backwards, to
highlight the reverse embossing. I tore the
top layer to give it a different look. I added
a strip of burlap with Scor-Tape (great hold,
even for the burlap) and soften that with a
piece of organza ribbon and a small bow.

The shamrock was made by using a heart
punch I had in my stash, and then adding
Emerald Diamond Range Flower Soft. Oh
I wish you could see the sparkle in person!
The stick pins are handmade.....I used a flat
stick pin I had in my stash, added a few
pretty beads, but the "gold coins" on top
were made by punching a small 3/4" circle
and the painting it with Smooch Ink. It
has a pretty metallic sheen to it. Then to
make them look a bit more like coins, I
took some archival ink, and stamped with
a word stamp I had from Tim Holtz.

The sentiment was done on my computer
and inked with Black Soot Distress Ink.

Hope you enjoyed this quick little card.

What is your favorite way to add texture
to your projects?

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails