Our fortieth anniversary just passed and I wanted to make a special card for my DH that was also a bit masculine. I decided on a z-shape card. I started with a slate blue piece of Bazzill cardstock cut 6 inches by 12 inches. I scored it at 3 inches from one end on the backside of the cardstock, flipped it over to the right side and scored it at 6 inches. I then creased the 6 inch score in towards the un-scored side and creased the 3 inch score back towards the left side. (If you place the scored sheet right side up, score the A line as a mountain fold and the B line as a valley fold.)
When the scores are creased and closed the card measures 6x6 inches. I then cut two pieces of Graphic 45 Proper Gentlemen Collection to cover the inside pieces (5-7/8 x 5-7/8 and 2-7/8 x 5-7/8) and glued them down with my ATG. [I’m sure Kim could order you this particular pad if you’re interested.] The front panel was also cut at 2-7/8 x 5-7/8 from my stash.
Using Spellbinders Beaded Circles I cut the largest circle and then layered it with two Spellbinders Petite Scallop Circles (large)—one from Silver American Crafts POW! Glitter paper and another from my stash. On top I layered a red vellum heart, which I attached with micro Glue Dots. I then add some silver Liquid Pearls on the beads.
The front circle was made stacking the largest of the Spellbinders Petite Scallop Circles (large) with the largest of the Splendid Circles, the decorative element from Spellbinders Parisian Accents, and the smallest of the Splendid Circles. The silver glitter paper again was from American Crafts POW! Glitter paper. The smallest circle was adhered with a Glue Dots pop up dot; all others were glued with my Zig two way pen. I used my Copic Lipstick Red R29 to color the heart gem, which was glued down with Glossy Accents.
The sentiment is on the inside fold. It was printed on my computer and then cut with Spellbinders Labels Four –small and mounted on a Spellbinders Labels Four—large. All edges were inked with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.
Before I glued down the circles, the two short edges of the card were trimmed with Tim Holtz Idea-ology Tissue Tape. I then centered and glued the inside circle on the square and glued the outside circle on the Z so when closed it looks like one circle until pulled open. I had to have a bit more color, so a red ribbon finished off the card.