Saturday, November 10, 2012

A Christmas Card by Deanna M


I recently received my Tim Holtz Frosted Film and couldn't wait to make a project with it.

My card base is white card stock cut and scored to make a 4 1/4" X 5 1/2" card. I used my Gypsy and a tag from the Tags, Bags, Boxes and More cartridge that I cut a window in my card base at 4". I then used the Christmas Solutions cartridge to cut my window. at 4 1/2". adhered a piece of the Frosted Film to some clear acetate and cut the window with my Cricut. I used a pressure of 4 blade depth of 5 and multi cut 2 and it cut out great.

For my tree I used my Imagine and the Santa Village cartridge and print and cut the tree at 3". I adhered the tree to another piece of white card stock that I cut at 4" X 5 1/4" and adhered it to the inside of my card so I could see the tree through the window.

Finally I used a snowflake border bunch and punched out a bunch of small snowflakes, ran them through my Xyron upside down and applied some glitter to them. I attached them randomly on the front of my card with some glue dots.

5 comments:

  1. What a great festive card!!! It's as if you're looking through a window and seeing the family Christmas tree! It warms my heart!!!!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous and it has that heartwarming feel just seeing the tree through the window! I love it Deanna. Hugs, Fran

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deanna, this card is stunning. I so want to make one now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Deanna... Love your window frame.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails