Thursday, November 8, 2012

Le Cirque Card with Lori

I recently received the Le Cirque 12x12 paper pad from Graphic 45, and my first thought was "Why the heck didn't I get this a LONG time ago?!"  I have to admit that I have a personal problem with modern-day clowns; I find them terribly creepy (probably thanks in no small part to horrible movies like It and Killer Clowns From Outer Space).  But I digress...

I love the vintage circus designs on these papers, including the clowns.  I have a few other fun projects on mind for these papers, but I wanted to start with something small, and I really liked an elephant image I found in the corner of one of the papers.  So I made a fun card with it using a sketch that fit my elephant image.


I love the slightly chaotic feel of the mix of patterns, "controlled mayhem" as one of the papers says!  I backed the elephant image with black cardstock, and edged everything else with black distress ink  for definition.  For contrast, I added sparkle & shine using some gold ribbon from my stash and some Copic Spica pens.




I used Sky Blue on the flowers and for the faux stitching around the square block, and I used Red & Olive on the flowers in the elephant image.


I adhered the bottom two layers with ATG adhesive and the square block and elephant image with foam adhesive squares.  I used Scor Tape to adhere the ribbon, and Glue Dots for the flowers.

I hope you enjoyed today's project as much as I did making it.  Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Lori I agree with the papers are gorgeous. I love how your project turned out and love all the embellishing you did to give it that Lori flair to it. Hugs, Fran

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails