Monday, April 22, 2013

Earth Day Upcycle by Jearise

Happy Earth Day!

I decided to take something old and make it new, cute, and usable again. I love to brows the shelves at local second hand shops like Savers and Goodwill and awhile ago I found a bundle of heart shaped tins for a steal of a deal. I thought boy, these would be nifty for my rhinestones and brads but instead decided to upcycle them as cute little gift boxes.

I used Graphic 45 paper for around the outside and Mod Podged to adhere it. I trimmed it to the size I needed using my Cricut trimmer and blades.
Then I took dollar bin thin ribbon and used crafting adhesive to attach that around the top.
Finally I used more Mod Podge (Kim can order it.) to glue down the Graphic 45 paper to the inside window and then I fussy cut a flower and Mod Podged it to the outside of the window. I used Stickles Diamond to add a touch of glitter around the outside of the heart top and the middle of the flower. I just couldn't get a glittery picture of the Stickles no matter what I did.

Here is the finished box...
Kim has all sorts of products at Cutters Creek to get your creative juices flowing and help you do some upcycling.





3 comments:

  1. Stunning Jearise... I love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jearise I love your heart box and especially how you decorated it. So pretty! Hugs, Fran

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! Perfect Earth Day project!
    Love this idea for all sorts of things.
    Thanks so much for sharing.
    Sue B

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails