Thursday, October 10, 2013

More HOPE and breast cancer awareness by Jearise

It's National Breast Cancer Awareness Month and that is why my projects have included the famous pink associated with breast cancer. 

When breast cancer is detected early, in the localized stage, the 5-year survival rate is 98%*

*From the National Cancer Institute

That's why it's so important to get your yearly mammogram. Remember: breast cancer doesn't discriminate!

I have had my own scare with breast cancer and was thankful that it only turned out be cysts but I know of many other women who got the sad news that their lumps were breast cancer. The good news is, because their cancer was detected early, these women are breast cancer free now or going through treatment with promising outlooks when finished.

I made a card last week that I designed and I made another card for today's project but this card wasn't designed by me. I was going through my piles of stickers and such and came across some beautiful breast cancer stickers that were sent to me last year. One of these stickers was the word HOPE so I had to use it as part of my project.
Please click on the card to see the embossed scroll work at the top 

This is a 6 x 6 card.

Products used:

Perfect Pearls Mist on the solid pink background to give some shimmer

Cuddlebug Embossing Folder ORGANIC for the design on the top of the pink part of the card

Stickles in cotton candy and waterfall on the heart and in waterfall on the design under the word "HOPE"

Distress Ink from Ranger in FRAYED BURLAP to give an old look to the flowered background

My Mind's Eye 6 x 6 paper pad THE SWEETEST THING for the flowered background (Contact Kim since this paper pad is one of her specials from her 6 x 6 paper pad club)

ATG adhesive tape to hold it all together

Thank you so much for stopping by today and remember to get your mammogram!

2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails