Saturday, December 14, 2013

All Hearts Come Home for Christmas by Deanna M

I have one more Christmas card for you today. My card base is Kraft card stock cut and scored to make a 4 1/4" X 5 1/2" card base. My dark red mat is cut at 4" X 5 1/4" and the patterned paper is cut at 3 3/4" X 5". The red mat and the patterned paper is from My Minds Eye.

The images on my card are from the new Tim Holtz Sizzix Framelits Stamps and Dies. The set I used is called Holiday Joy. I used markers to color my tree stamps so I could have green trees and brown trunks. The deer was stamped with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink, this is a great brown and a wonderful addition to your Distress Ink pads. For the snowflakes I stamped them with some Versamark and embossed them with some WOW! Neutral Ultra Shimmer Glitter embossing powder.

I adhered the trees directly to my card stock using some Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive. The snowflakes and the deer are adhered with some foam squares. My sentiment is stamped with Cottage Ivy Memento Ink.

I hope you all will try these new Sizzix Framelits Stamps and Dies. They are so versatile. The die set I used for my card today could just as easily be made for a spring, summer or fall card simply by changing the papers. I think the images from this dies and stamp set would make a great masculine card for a birthday as well. Kim still has a few left in the store, so hop on over and check them out. Buy yourself a little Christmas present or ask someone in your life to call Kim for help in surprising you.

2 comments:

  1. I love your card so much! It's a perfect Christmas card and using another sentiment it would make a perfect male card. Hugs, Fran

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, Deanna. I love the Sizzix stamp and die sets.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails