Thursday, December 5, 2013

Twelve Days of Christmas–Day 5 by Fran

 

Welcome to the Cutters Creek Design Team’s “Twelve days of Christmas”.  We are so happy you are joining us.  Today is the 5th day of our event.  Here is my contribution.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Details:  The Card and Front Panel are made from Kraft Card Stock.  The checkered paper is from my stash to match the Kraft Card Stock.  The Holly embellishments are by Kaiser Craft Wood Flourishes.  I added the berries for more dimension and they are made from paper clay.  I colored the berries using Festive Berries Distress Paint by Tim Holtz.  The holly leaves were painted with Evergreen Bough Distress Paint also.  And for a little extra pazazz I used Inka Gold by Viva (Gold and Green yellow) on the Holly embellishments. 

The snow flakes were punched using a Martha Stewart punch. I coated the snowflakes with Inkssentials Glossy Accents and covered them with Clear Rock Candy Distress Glitter (this glitter is awesome – I love it!).  On the centers of the snowflakes I used vinyl sticker dot sparklers in red.  And added Glossy Accents to the tips of the snowflakes.

The sentiment was cut using the Silhouette Portrait.  I used a Wink of Stella glitter brush in gold to color the sentiment.  And behind the sentiment is covered with the Clear Glitter using the Wink of Stella brush (you can use a Glitter Pen to get the same affect).  Then I added Glossy Accents dots in background.  And finished off the card using a Gelly Roll pen in white to make the dashes.

You are probably thinking I went crazy with glitter and glossy accents and you are right!  I couldn’t stop, lol.  But I love how it turned out.  I hope you do too.

Thank you so much for visiting today.  Be sure to come back tomorrow for day 6 to see another great project from the Design Team.  Please leave a comment and let us know what you think of our projects.

And if you have any questions about the products I used you can contact Kim Bush of Cutters Creek.

All linked products can be purchased at the Cutters Creek Online Store.

 

Fran

6 comments:

  1. This is just so sparkly and beautiful. I love the dimension. What is paper clay?.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lorby, Its the clay that Martha Stewart sells with her silicone molds. I call it paper clay because it is so different than the other clays that you have to bake.

      Delete
  2. Fran, I love how blingy your card is. great job!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails