Friday, March 12, 2010

Spring Has Sprung with Mandie

Today’s project is a quick and easy spring card using your Wild Card Cricut Cartridge. This cartridge makes all sorts of cute cards but if you want to cut the envelopes at a usable size, I recommend using the Cricut Expression Machine to cut them.

Before you begin, make sure that “Real Dial Size” is turned OFF. In order to figure out what size card I wanted to cut I cut the envelope first using the “Fit to Page” feature. This feature on your machine will determine the largest size of the cut you would like to make that will fit on your page.

For this particular card the machine determined that 4 ¾” would be the cut size. You will need to remember this size for your card. I cut the envelope in blue and green. Then I cut the grass part off of the green envelope and adhered it to the blue part, trimming any excess.


For this project Zip Dry Paper Glue is great, the liquid glue gives you time to line up the cuts and gives you a super strong bond with no wrinkles in your paper. Next I set my dial to 4 ¾” and loaded in the yellow card stock to cut my card and the flowers (Liner Function Key). Then I cut a piece of blue card stock at 4 ¾” square and adhered in to the inside of my card for contrast. To finish off my card an envelope I added a few paper flowers from my enormous stash and added rhinestones to the centers of all of the flowers. I also cut two circle of my yellow card stock with a 1 ½” punch so I could give the inside of the flower card a finished look and so my sentiment would stand out. Now it’s ready to brighten up someone’s day!




Product List:
Cricut Expression Machine
Wild Card
Zip Dry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails