Sunday, March 7, 2010

Vicki Is Rockin' With Hannah



I didn't have a specific subject in mind for this card. I received a new cartridge from my best gal pal (Thanks Karen!) for my birthday, and I just HAD to try it out! I am now the proud owner of the Cricut Disney Hannah Montana cartridge!

For all of you who think that this cartridge is only for "tweens" - think again! There are only one or two keys that are specific to Hannah Montana. This cartridge has four awesome fonts - two with shadow features, some great musical shapes, a music staff end-cap feature, and pretty butterflies and hearts! I used the "Daddy's Girl" feature for my main font, font shadow, music notes and guitar, and the "Rock Star" feature for the word "ROCKIN". I ran all of my letters through my Xyron, as I believe that is the easiest way to adhere small fonts. I used a Sakura Glue Pen to adhere the dot to my 'i' and the handle of the guitar. The Sakura pen lets you put adhesive exactly where you need it, which is important for small, intricate parts!

In order to make the word "ROCKIN" really stand out, I covered it in Glossy Accents. I liked the effect so much, that I made the entire face of the guitar glossy as well. The music notes are glitzed up with Stickles 'Star Dust'.

This card is geared towards a girl, with the colors of pink and black, but you could easily change it to a boy by changing all the pink accents to blue or green.


So - all of you girly girls out there - take another look at the Disney Hannah Montana cartridge...I think you'll find a tiara in just your size ;-)
These and other supplies can be purchased at Cutters Creek:
Hannah Montana Cricut Cartridge
Glossy Accents
Sakura Quickie Glue Pen
Xyron Sticker Maker
Cardstock

1 comment:

  1. Super cute card, Vicki! I just love that Hannah Montana cartridge... it's got some great images!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails