Thursday, April 15, 2010

A Beautiful Thank You by Chris


Thank you cards are always needed, so I looked in my stash of Copic-colored images and found these butterflies (Phee McFaddell’s Coloring Page) and knew they were perfect for what I wanted. Cutting the butterflies out was a breeze with my new cutterbee scissors.

I wanted to keep the colors soft for the background, so I took my glossy cardstock, cut it to 5x7 inches, and began playing with colors. I streaked 3 colors (Broken China, Spiced Marmalade, Fired Brick) on my nonstick pad (Bazzill Splat Mat), spritzed them with a mister and then blotted up the colors onto the cardstock. I repeated this twice and set it aside to dry. I then cut white cardstock to 10x7 inches and scored it with my Scor-Pal and set that aside. Don’t know how I managed to live without one before. It’s probably my favorite and most used tool.

To make the sentiment I wanted to use the new American Crafts Glitter Paper. I have absolutely fallen in love with this paper. I took the aqua and my Beyond Birthdays cartridge and began playing with sizes on my Cricut Expression. I finally settled on 2” and used my deep blade set to 4. In the future I will set the size a little larger for this sentiment or find a chunkier lettering. It cut easily with no mess; I just had to lift the words very carefully to keep them together and put them through my xyron. But I love the way it looks!

Next I decided that the butterflies needed some glitzing and took out my stickles. (A girl cannot have too many stickles!) Following the patterns I used Fruit Punch on the top butterfly, Waterfall on the middle one, and Lavender on the bottom one. Then I decided to add some dimension to the ribbon and used the Scattered Straw for this. I set this aside to dry.

Then I glued my 5X7 piece to the front of my cardstock, added 4 Twinkle Jewels. And my finishing touch was to stamp the back with the “Homemade” Image Tree Stamp and voila a finished project!


Cutters Creek Items Used:
•Ranger Glossy Cardstock white
•Cricut Cartridge: Beyond Birthdays
•Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pads: Broken China, Spiced Marmalade, Fired Brick
•Ranger Stickles: Waterfall, Lavender, Fruit Punch
•Ranger Distressed Stickles: Scattered Straw
•Copic Markers
•Cutterbee Scissors
•Scor-Pal
•Twinkle Jewels
•Bazzill Splat Mat
•Image Tree Clear Stamp Card Set-Handmade

1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous card! I love all the techniques and use of subtle color and now I'm off to look for the coloring page!
    Thanks so much for sharing your talent and giving such a detailed description of your project!
    Love it!
    Sue B

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails