Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Once Upon A Princess by Melissa


Hi everyone! For my project, I decided to share my birthday gift for my *nieces* this year. Between March and October every year I have 9 birthdays in my family for little girls. This year, with the release of Once Upon A Princess, I knew it was the perfect gift for these girls ranging from 2-7 years. Today I am just going to share one set I did this week as it can be a little overwhelming seeing all 9 sets together!!! I had a handful of DVD tins in my stash so i am using these to store the dolls and outfits in as well as using the Cricut magnetic sheets so the dresses stick right on with no tearing! The whole back of the paper doll is a magnet, but each of the outfits is only a strip. To preserve the doll and outfits from wear and tear, I put 2 coats of Mod Podge I picked up at Michaels over it and let it dry over night for each coat.


I cut out the doll shape on Prism White and colored in the skin tone using my copics to add in some detail. Her outfit is cut with Bazzill Dotted Swiss cardstock . For the other 3 outfits, I used Core'dinations Gemstone cardstock as you can't have a princess outfit without sparklies!!! For the pajamas, I used Core'dinations Core Impression and Basic Grey Nook & Pantry. I colored in the bunny slippers with copics as well.

Additional Cutters Creek Products used:
Quickie Glue Pen
Scor-tape: 1/8" and 1/4"
Textile Embossing Folder
Atyou Spicas set A
Copic Sketch; 100, BG18, C2, C4, E00, E02, E50, R24, R81, R85

6 comments:

  1. Your nieces are very lucky. The dolls are adorable and the outfits are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are adorable!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute Melissa! Makes me wish I had girls to give them to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh sweetie, the girls will love them. These girls are such girly girls!!! Well hon!

    Mom/Lorene

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for inspiring me! Your paper dolls turned out so cute! I'm making a set for my daughter but am not sure how to make the clothes stick to the doll. The cricut maget stuff I cut the doll out of isn't strong enough to hold another magnet with the clothes on it. Did you have any problem with this too?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marilynne - -my first set came out perfect with the magnets - -there wasn't any issues with the magnets not working. BUT, my 2nd and 3rd sets would not stick together no matter what I did with it! I ended up using the cricut magnets on the doll itself and then used the Basic Grey magnets for the clothes after I laminated them - it added a few extra steps, but worked just as well. I hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails