Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Christmas in July/August Chipboard Book by Chris P.



Here’s a simple project using Bo Bunny word books, left over wrapping paper, and stickles. I covered the word BELIEVE with several different Christmas wrapping papers and some red mulberry paper I had in my scrap bin. I also had some leftover strips of the AC glitter paper and cut them to back each page. I then used my fingertip craft knife to trim around the letters, sprayed all the pages using gold glimmer mist, and then inked all the edges, using Tim Holtz’s Barn Door Distress Ink and Ink foam applicator.


I made and matted cardstock photomats for each page. To give them a bit more of a finished look I tied ribbon around some and added several photo corners from the Storybook cartridge. I used my cricut markers to outline them at 1 and 1.25 inches and then cut. Next I rubbed each into the versamark inkpad and heated using clear embossing ink to give them some dimension and shine.

It needed some more glitz so I used my silver stickles to outline silver stars, the Christmas red to decorate the tree, pickett fence to outline the snowflakes and added two cardstock snowflakes with a clear Twinkle Jewel in each center. I used my Crop-a-Dile punch and 3 snowflake eyelets to finish off the front page. I had some leftover stickers that I randomly placed and, then, tied bits of ribbon here and there on the letters along with 3 larger bows on the metal rings. Now I have a stocking gift for one of my DDILs. I have never been this prepared before. I just hope I remember where I hide it when putting out the gifts in December—LOL.


Cutters Creek Resources:


Versamark Ink Pad

1 comment:

  1. Chris, that's a fun Christmas book and the recipient will be a very lucky person.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails