Thursday, August 5, 2010

Reindeer Games Seasons Greetings by Laura B.


My hubby is such a sweetie about my crafting. I have been in a super funk lately, and he surprised me with this Create-A-Critter Cricut Cartridge! I love it! The critters on here are so cute! I saw this little reindeer, and I knew he was destined to become a Christmas card.

I started out with a 5.5" x 4.25" card made with Kraft cardstock. I stamped my sentiment with ink and then embossed it using fine white embossing powder. I found some patterned paper that was so cute in my stash of papers. I cut them at 2.5" x 5.5", 2" x 5.5", and 1.25" x 5.5". I inked and chalked the edges of the papers and adhered the layers together using my Glue Glider Pro. For the border, I used a scroll lace border punch. I added the the border to my patterned paper layers and then adhered the entire strip to the card using my 3M foam tape. I tied a scrap ribbon around the card, and then added a button using twine.

Now for the fun part. I set my Cricut blade depth to 3 and my pressure to max to cut my cardstock pieces. I used a scrap piece of kraft cardstock, brown cardstock, and black cardstock. I set my dial size to 3" for the reindeer. Make sure real dial size is off. I cut all of the layers, and glued them together using my Zig 2-Way glue pen. For the scarf, I used my powder blue glitter paper. For the glitter paper, I set my machine to blade depth of 4, cut speed to medium, pressure to max and multi-cut function in the on position. I have found the glitter papers cut so much better and the slower speed. (Sorry it is hard to see the bling of the paper in the photo). I added my reindeer to my card using a double layer of 3M foam tape. Lastly, I added a Kaisercraft bright red rhinestone for the nose.

I am so in love with this cartridge! The critters are all so cute. I am sure you will be seeing more of them in my future projects.

Items available at Cutters Creek:

Cricut Machine
Cricut Create-a-Critter Cartridge
Cricut Spatula
American Crafts Glitter Paper - Powder Blue
Kaisercraft - Red Rhinestones
3M Foam Tape
Glue Glider Pro
Zig 2-Way Glue Pen

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails