Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Oriental Weave Card by Sandi



When I received this Cuttlebug embossing folder -Oriental Weave  from Kim I knew just what I wanted to do.  I used colored cardstock with a white core center, which I lightly sanded to bring out the core.  I thought it looked oriental, so I searched for an appropriate stamp design and added dimension by using Super Fine Gold Embossing Power. I stamped it twice the second on red card stock and used only  the center  flower  to create more dimension and completed it by placing a Kaisercraft  Pearls in the center.  Behind the image I placed a Spellbinders Scallop Frame on a slightly different green cardstock  and again I sanded it to bring out the white core.  I cut four small flowers using a Cricut cartridges and covered them with Gold Stickles. After they dried I glued clear Twinkle Jewels (skittles) to  the centers.  I finished the card with an oriental looking patterned ribbon.

You can purchase the products listed below at Cutters Creek:

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails