Monday, March 7, 2011

Fairy Thank You Card by Vicki

I have been needing a lot of Thank You cards lately, so here is one I made for a family member. Since I have needed a bunch, I felt like my mojo was out of sorts, so I used a sketch from a new Facebook friend I made, Sketch Support.

I used a simple kraft paper base, and then challenged myself to use a color I normally do not gravitate towards...Orange! Since it was a simple 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 card, I was able to use paper scraps in my stash - I didn't need to cut up a bunch of sheets of full cardstock!! I used my Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper to round the corners of the nested squares.


The 'Thank You' sentiment was cut from the Wild Card Cricut cartridge. I sized it up just the right size on my Gypsy, and cut it in orange cardstock. Then, I used my markers to outline the sentiment in brown, so it would stand out better on the card.

The sketch called for a variety of hearts cut in matching papers, but I wanted to make this a little more personal for my family member, so instead, I used a digi-image. I used an image called Fairy Belle, from The Character Cafe. I printed the digi on my laser printer on Bazzill Simply Smooth White Cardstock. I colored her with several of my Copic markers. I used G24 and G28 on her dress, E21, E00 on her skin, R20 for her cheeks, and E44 and E47 on her hair. I didn't have any orange Copics, so I supplemented with my Sharpies. I thought she still needed a little something, so I used Rusty Hinge Distress Stickles for her flowers, and Diamond Stickles in her hair. The Diamond color has flakes of orange, gold and green tinged glitter that matched perfectly! I was making her wings separate from her body, so I cut around the image closely with my Cutterbee Scissors. The images from Character Cafe often come with little extras. In this case, they have a separate image of just the wings on the PDF file. I cut her wings out separately, coated them with Flower Soft Glue, and used Polar White Diamond Range Flower Soft to make her wings look like feathers. Although the Flower Soft has a touch of glitter in it, I thought it need a little more, so I used more Diamond Stickles as a thick outline on the edges of the wings.

Just a hint - when using Stickles AND Flower Soft - allow PLENTY of time for the products to dry before you try to assemble them. Otherwise you end up with glitter and glue all over your fingers!!

So, after waiting a sufficient time to let them dry, I assembled her on the card, using 3-D Dots. The result is a fairy that appears to 'fly' off the card with a little bit of magic dust.


Just a reminder that EVERY comment left this month will be eligible for our Blog Candy drawing at the end of the month. You can comment once per project so make sure you check back often!!!!

Cutters Creek Shopping List:
Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper
Cricut
Bazzill Simply Smooth White Cardstock
Copic Markers: G24, G28, E21, E00, R20, E44 and E47
Rusty Hinge Distress Stickles
Diamond Stickles
Flower Soft Glue
Polar White Diamond Range Flower Soft

9 comments:

  1. What a pretty card! I love the orange! A nice way to use up scraps!

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks terrific. I just love the variety Flower Soft gives us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute image and I love the wings in Flower Soft.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's so cute! I'd feel very "Thanked" to get this card! TJenkins1961@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute card. I love the orange color, works perfectly with the image. The Flower soft adds a nice touch to the wings, great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now THAT is my kind of fairy!! I love it and I'm so jealous of your talents! You know I love ya...and I hope whoever gets that card truly appreciates it as much as I do!! Good goin', Sis!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love fairies. Great card! Happy crafting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, I *must* get me some stickles and flower soft!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails