Monday, June 11, 2012

July 4 Layout with Lori

Have you tried any of the Echo Park Mini Theme collections yet?  These collections are great, because you can get one to match a specific event and not worry about having a bunch of product left over.  Now if you're like me and take a lot of pictures of everything, these are easy to stretch into several layouts as well!  Every kit has 6 double-sided papers (2 of each pattern combo) and a 6x12 sheet of element stickers.  Add some coordinating cardstock and you have everything you need.  Or, if you're like me, add a few extra touches and your layout will shine!



July 4th is more than just one day for me.  My hometown celebrates for an entire weekend, and we have a family reunion that Sunday.  So lots of pictures of course!  To make my papers stretch, and really help my photos stand out, I like to use a cardstock base in a coordinating color and use smaller pieces of the patterns.  Doing this also speeds me up as I don't feel the need to use photo mats like I normally would when I use larger amounts of pattern.


While the layout has a simple design, it doesn't have to look basic.  I glued down some chipboard brackets from my stash using Scotch Quick-Dry Adhesive.  I coated both brackets in Silver Stickles, and also used them to outline the stickers I used for my title.  Then I pulled out some Distress Stickles in Fired Brick and Faded Jeans, and alternated the colors to outline the circles in my design.  After drying, it's all ready to be put in a scrapbook.

Supplies used to make this layout:

6 comments:

  1. Love the stickles you used. Makes it just stand out enough.. Its perfect! This is a great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout. Love the colors and papers.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori I love how you pulled your whole theme together using the right papers and embellishments. The scrap pages look awesome. And I love stickles too and it looks great on the brackets and title which pulls it all together. Hugs, Fran

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this layout, Lori! (Jennifer R.)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails