Wednesday, June 20, 2012

A Simple Birthday Card

I’ve noticed that when I see cards that other people have made that are really simple and uncluttered, I love them.  However, when I make one myself, I hate it.  I always feel like I need to add more and then I stress over choosing the correct embellishments.  I’m now determined to master the simple look.  For this card all I’ve used is different patterns of paper, a stamped image, and one simple embellishment. 

photo(4)

I wanted the main focus of my card to be the image.  This is one of my favorite Magnolia stamps.  It is called Unwrapped Tilda.  Kim does not currently have this particular stamp in the store, but if you ask nicely, she may be able to order it for you.  I have colored Tilda with my copic markers to match the colors in the Echo Park paper I used.  I love these paper pads.  They make it so easy to pick coordinating patterns.  After I assembled my card, I had to add one embellishment.  I thought this yellow gardenia from Cutters Creek matched the bright and cheery attitude of the card.  I hope I have inspired you to keep it simple sometimes. 

Cutters Creek Shopping List

Magnolia Stamps

Copic Markers

Echo Park Paper

Cutters Creek Flowers

1 comment:

  1. Mindy, you mastered the simple look perfectly! I love the paper choices! Your coloring is excellent and the paper just ties everything together and makes it all so cheery!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Judy Garrelts

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails