Saturday, October 20, 2012

Monochromatic Card

Hi!  I have a simple project today.  I was recently challenged to create a monochromatic card.  I thought it would be easy as I love coloring in shades of browns and grey. However, the rules were to color any shade BUT greys and browns.  So, I went to my next favorite group and colored from the BG family.

This was actually much harder than I thought it would be as I wanted different shading for each area and not one gradual change from light to dark.  I started with a Kraft base and added a page from the Prima Fairy tales paper.  Next I added three strips of AC Glitter Tape in shades Aqua and Peacock for added depth.  My aqua strip was actually the half-inch size so I cut it down into two 1/4" lengths.  This isn't found in the store, but you can sign up here for the next Glitter Tape club . . . totally worth it!


After coloring my image, I trimmed and placed so that there is room for a sentiment at a later time.  Right now, this is in my Copic Portfolio which I update pretty frequently so it's always good to leave them slightly neutral so you can customize it at a later date for last minute cards.



Thanks for looking and hopefully I have inspired you to try something out of your comfort range.  Feel free to share your projects!


Paper: Prima
Ink: Memento Tuxedo BlackCopics,
Embellishments: AC Glitter Tape, Peacock and Aqua
Other: ATG
Stash: Kraft Paper

Dress: BG000, BG10, BG11, BG32
Skin: BG000, BG10
Hair: BG000, BG10, BG11, BG32, BG23, BG34
Legs: BG000, BG10, BG11, BG32
Shoes: BG23, BG34, BG13
Bows: BG000, BG49


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. The BGs turned out great on this monochromatic card. Love the addition of the glitter tape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa this is the first for me the colors you chose for your monochromatic look and I love! And the glitter just added the perfect touch. And the image is darling. Hugs, Fran

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails