Friday, December 14, 2012

Joy and Peace

 

 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

If you all know me you know that I love bling.  And I wanted this sweet Angel to be surrounded by lots of bling.  And I wanted her to be standing on a soft cloud (lots of cotton balls in this case) with chunky glitter pieces by Martha Stewart on the cotton balls. 

I had a little difficult time with the sentiment for the front of my card. And after I colored the Angel by (La La Land) the words Joy and Peace popped in my head.  The Sentiment was created in Paint Shop Pro using the font call Lavanderia (free font) and was cut using my Cricut.  The sentiment and background was sprayed with the iridescent glitter dust. The snowflakes were cut from my Die-namics die and the center of one of the snowflakes made the cutest star so I used them to surround my Angel. 

The snowflakes and stars were covered with Diamond Glitter Glue by Ranger.  And then I used clear Rhinestones by Kaisercraft on the snowflakes and stars.  Two of the rhinestone swirls were from my embellishment supplies but I added more to them using more of the Rhinestones by Kaisercraft. 

My Angel was colored with Prisma Colored Pencils using the Gamsol technique.  Her wings, halo and trim on her dress also has Diamond Glitter Glue on them.  The pretty roses in her hair and on her sash was touched with glitter using a Spica Clear glitter  pen.  It gave it just the right touch  for a  soft shimmer.  Spica pens are awesome and in my opinion should be part of every one’s craft supplies. 

The Ribbon was from a leftover remnant that gave me just enough to make a small bow.  And it has pretty snowflakes on it too to pull the theme together.  The Rhinestone flower on the ribbon center is from my craft supplies. The card base is from my pack of chalkboard paper which had the perfect color to compliment the card front using Neenah card stock and colored with Faded Jeans Distress ink pad by Ranger.

Well there you have it all the details of how I made this card. I really loved coloring the Angel and putting all the details together.  Sometimes its great to have what you want to make already in your head.  But this time I did not have a plan.  I just went with the precious Angel guiding me on how she wanted to be adorned.  What do you think?

Card RecipeLa La Land Stamp Angel MarcieDie-namics Snowflake Die Set, Kaisercraft Rhinestones, Ranger Glitter Glue, Spica Pens, Therm-o-Web Glitter Dust, Distress Ink Pads

If there is something I used and not listed in the Card Recipe or if the item is sold out please contact Kim of Cutters Creek and she may be able to get it for you.  Hurry because things are flying out of the store quickly.

Thank you for stopping by, Fran

5 comments:

  1. Wow Fran, all the details show beautifully!!!! I love the colors and I love the bling too!!!! Its a perfect Christmas card.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely love this darling stamp, your beautiful coloring and your darling card design!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan, your card is beautiful. The colors are so bright and lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fran, somehow I missed that you had a post yesterday but this is just too cute! I love it and all the bling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fran, your Angel is so precious! I love your bling!! I really like how you used the cotton balls for clouds and glittered them! Absolutely beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails