Sunday, May 26, 2013

Family Man by Deanna M

Welcome to the start of Masculine Week here at the Cutters Creek Design Team Blog.

We know that for many of you making masculine cards can be difficult. So we wanted to help you all out by offering up a full week of ideas, just in time for Father's Day. So be sure to stop by each day this week to see all of the Design Teams inspiration.

For my card today I have a Kraft card stock base cut and scored to make a 4 1/4" X 5 1/2" card. I added a dark blue mat cut at 4" X 5 1/4". I added a patterned paper mat cut at 3 1/2" X 4 3/4". I did this so I had more of the dark blue showing.

My image is cut using the Suburbia Cricut Cartridge at 4". (Check with Kim, she can order it for you. It has some great silhouette images on it of men, women, and children. Kim can be contacted through the store here. Be sure to browse around while visiting the store.) The rug is a Silhouette cut that was cut at approximately 3 1/4".

I used Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive to put my cuts together. I really like using this adhesive for things like this because it gives you a few seconds to get your cut layers lined up. It is awesome adhesive if you haven't tried it yet. My sentiment is stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I adhere the rug to the card front with the Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive. The other man in the chair and the sentiment are attached with foam tape.

My blue mat and the base layer of the man are cut from some Tim Holtz Core' denations kraft core card stock. I know Kim can get this for you because she ordered it for me.

The patterned paper I used for the background and the rug are all from a 6 X 6 paper pack by Fancy Pants called Swagger. Its a great pack for masculine card. Kim doesn't carry this but can special order it for you, just ask.



I chose this image because it reminded me of my grandfather. I remember when I was a child visiting my grandparent. Grandpa would come home at night and sit down in his chair in the living room and read the paper. I have a lot of happy memories about my grandparents.

I hope you will find plenty of inspiration throughout this week. Please let us know if you find it helpful in when you need to create a masculine card.

2 comments:

  1. Deanna I was out all day today visiting with my Dad and sister. And I just now got online to check out your project. It is really awesome. I love the blues you used. Hugs, Fran

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job, Deanna. I love the papers you used for this card!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails