Monday, May 27, 2013

Father’s Day Card


My project for the Cutters Creek Design Team is a Father’s Day Card.  Obviously, when I was thinking about the card my Dad was the person who put my creative gears in motion.  I’ve always bought his cards but I thought he would really enjoy getting a card that I handmade.  My Dad is 93 and I didn’t know what he would like so my little brain thought why not use a car as the main image.  And use one that was current the year he was born—1919.  So off I went to Google and found a image that was perfect. 
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
I tweaked the image in Paint Shop Pro and aged it more.  Then I added a frame that looked like its been around for 93 years.  The frame is the border that gives the appearance of an old photo.  The gears (front & inside) and the Sentiment is from the Silhouette store.  I used my Silhouette Portrait to cut them out.  Everything on the card is held together using 3 different adhesives:  Scotch Adhesive Dot Roller (Permanent), Glossy Accents by Inkssentials, and Sakura Pinpoint Roller Pen Quickie Glue (great for thin items like the sentiment).
Note: The Scotch Adhesive Dot Roller is not available in the Cutters Creek  Store but you can contact Kim to see if she can special order it for you.
And if you’ve been playing with the idea of getting a Silhouette I know Kim can special order it for you.  She did for me and then I put it on Layaway for 3 months.  Easy Peasy so they say!
Thanks for stopping by and I hope I tweaked your creative side a little.   Fran

4 comments:

  1. Fran, love your card. Looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to use gears. Love your card, Fran!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet card. I bet your dad's face will light up when he sees it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails