Thursday, May 30, 2013

Father's Day project by Cindy

Hi everyone,
The Cutters Creek Design team is making masculine projects this week and today I am sharing my project. I really wanted to make something for my husband and my dad but I didn't want anything to crazy since we will be on vacation on Father's Day. So I came up with a card and a gift all in one! I used mucho scraps to make this little book. I used my Bind-it-all and the Dilly Dally paper from My Mind's Eye along with cardstock from SU. The size is 5x7.



For my image, I used the Father's Day cartridge for the motorcycle and the DAD was cut from Create a Critter 2, I think that it was part of the trophy image?









I then found an image of a present, made it big enough to see and then printed it out and attached it to some cardstock. My son doesn't look super thrilled at all, does he?




Then I printed a picture of my Lily holding a heart picture that I found on the Internet. She is always to ready to pose for the camera, messy hair and all.





Then I printed out Happy Father's Day and cut out the words and mounted them on cardstock and took a picture of my kids holding the signs.




I then used my brand new We R Memory Keepers envelope board and made a cute envelope. It stays closed with velcros. I plan on having the kids write a little note that I will tuck inside. Then these books will get packed in my suitcase until Father's Day. There is a learning curve to using this board but I think its a phenomenal tool. 





Here is the version for their Grandpa. I used the Robotz cartridge for the lettering and the chair was cut from the Father's Day cartridge. My dad has a recliner that is "his" its remote control. As soon as my dad gets up, my kids all run over and sit in his chair. They think its hilarious to steal Grandpa's chair.

I did make a video for you so that you can see everything a bit clearer and you get to see the envelope board in action.



Thanks so much for visiting me today. Be sure to visit the Cutters Creek store if you are interested in any of the products I used today.

Cindy

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Cindy your projects are outstanding! What a nice gift you created for the children to give to their Dad and Grandpa. And your children are adorable! Hugs, Fran

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails