Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Hanging Easter Eggs with Jearise

I am putting up Easter decoration and thought I would try my hand at decorating my own paper mache eggs. I was at the craft store and looking at how expensive already decorated ones are and I thought that I might as well try it myself and see what happens.

I was so happy with the way these turned out.


I started out by dabbing sections of the egg with Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dabbers. I did a section at a time so that I could turn the egg without getting paint all over me and it was easier to find something to put the egg on to dry. I used a shot glass. Once it was all painted and dried I went back and used Stickles Glitter Glue to create various designs on each egg. Finally, I attached a satin ribbon with hot glue and there ya go. You may want to seal them with acrylic spray paint so they last for years to come. You can use gloss or flat to create different finishes. 

Tomorrow I'll have two more eggs with very different designs from today to show you so please join me again. 



2 comments:

  1. Jearise I love them!!!! You brought back a memory for me. Very long time ago I covered Styrofoam eggs with napkings and glue. Before the glue dried I covered the eggs with glitter. They were awesome. And I have no clue where they are, lol. Great job on your eggs. Can't to see tomorrow's eggs. Hugs, Fran

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fran, you need to make some of those eggs to share. I would love to see some. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails