Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Chris' Echo Park Halloween


I started with an image I’ve had for a while and the idea that I wanted to practice brayering some more (is that even a verb?). The image is stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black, cut using Spellbinders Nestabilities’ Small Deckled Rectangles, and then colored with Copics (YR07, YR18, YR68, YR14, G94, C5, and Y06). Next I embossed the image using clear embossing powder, my Inkessentials Embossing Pen, and my heat tool. Once that was cooled, I inked my brayer with Wild Honey Distress Ink and rolled from the bottom right diagonally across the image. Inked my brayer again this time with some Spiced Marmalade and lightly went over the corner and partially into the image. I then turned the image around and did the same thing starting with Stormy Sky Distress Ink followed by Black Soot. I then spritzed some water into the air and waved the image card through the mist. I love how this helps blend the inks. I wiped off excess ink using a paper towel and set aside.

My card base is all built using Echo Park Papers from the Apothecary Emporium Collect ion Kit. I cut a one inch strip of Wicked Potions and a 3.25 block of Full Moon and attached them using my ATG gun. I cut 2 flourish brackets from Spellbinders Shapeabilities Parisian Accents from Wicked Potions and 2 graduated sizes of the Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Twenty-Three from the backside of Full Moon. All edges were inked with Wild Honey and Black Soot Distress Inks. I layered these on the front of the card and used pop-ups on the two top layers. It still needed something…so out came my I-Rocks and added a few gems around the brackets and the corners of the second label layer. Still not quite happy with the results, I added a Happy Halloween ribbon swatch to cover the seam of the two papers and then wrapped some fibers from my stash along the top. Finally I inked the inside and used a frame and letters from the Apothecary Kit to finish the card.

Now to get started on the rest of my Halloween cards—it’s a big celebration in our house because it is my DH’s birthday and we always tease him that the holiday started when he was born!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails