Monday, September 5, 2011

Chris' Quick Pick Me Up Card

I just had to. I couldn’t wait. Kim’s package arrived in the late afternoon and I had that Echo Park Paper opened and ideas buzzing through my head in less than five minutes. I already had an image from a coloring page colored with my Copic Markers that matched wonderfully. I fussy cut around it.

Hat: Y21, Y23, Y26, YR15
Skin: E00, E21, E50
Wood bin: E34, E57, E59, E0000, E33
Dirt: E11, E13, E21
Hair: Y23, Y26, Y28
Chicks: Y02, Y06, Y00, YR68
Straw: Y17, Y15, Y19
Shirt: G17, G19, G20
Jeans: B26, B28, B24, B32

I fussy cut two strips of the birds on a line from a piece of paper from the Echo Park Paper Country Drive collection called "Sundress" - of course! Then, using the other side of the same paper, I cut the third largest square from Spellbinders Nestabilities Lacey Squares. Of course I got a lot my toys in my package that I had to play with, so I tried the No More Shims Embossing Mat and yes, it is all it is cracked up to be. What a great deep embossing I got! The sentiment is another of Paulette’s, printed out small enough to be cut by the one-inch square of the Spellbinders Nestabilities Small Squares. I edged this sentiment with Copic color YR15.


To assemble the card, I folded a piece of cardstock to 4.25x5.5 and glued my bird strips along the long edges with my ATG (Advanced Tape Glider). I used the ASI Kool Tak Stix 2 Clear Foam Pads (Yup, another item in my package) behind both the girl and the sentiment. The girl is raised one layer and I raised the sentiment two layers by doubling the pads on the back. And Voila a finished card!

1 comment:

  1. I love your card Chris. Very pretty! Just the colors alone make me smile. I don't see how any one can be in a "ruffled" after getting this.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails