Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Life is Amazing Card - Deanna M

I have for you today an elegant looking but very quick card I made using the new Victoria Gardens Echo Park paper and stickers from the 12 x 12 kit. These papers are beautiful and also come in a 6 x 6 Pad. To make my card I started with a white card base 4 1/4" X 5 1/2". I then cut a mat from this gorgeous pink and white patterned paper that was in my kit. I added a pink ribbon and bow from my stash. Using the Elegant Edges Cricut cartridge to cut the scalloped rectangle. I cut the base layer and shadow layer at 3 3/4".  (Kim at Cutter's Creek can special order this cartridge for you, just ask).  I just loved this framed sentiment and designed my card around it. The scalloped mats are cut from more patterned paper from the  Victoria Gardens Echo Park kit. I adhered the scalloped rectangle mat together and attached it to my card using foam tape. Last I added the framed sentiment and some pearls in each of the scallops. I am so pleased how this turned out. In case you can't read it, the sentiment says, When you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing. If you haven't had a chance, be sure to stop by Cutters Creek and check out all the Echo Park paper available. Rumor has it that some of the Christmas pads have just arrived and their are a few remaining, so grab yours quick. Be sure to come back and visit again for more great project ideas.

2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails