Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Caps for Sale Layout by Chris

I love this children’s book and it has found its way into several of my grandchildren’s albums, but this time I wanted to imitate the illustrator’s work a bit more closely. I used glimmer mist to create/paint the backgrounds for my pages, and was I pleased with how it easy it was to use and the soft shimmer the pages now have. 

To start I used ZooBalloo Cricut cartridge to cut a tree mask for inking and placed it on my pages using a rolled piece of removable tape to be sure it didn’t shift. Then using used copier paper; I tore them to create the horizon line I wanted. With the bottom portion covered I sprayed Trunk Bay Glimmer Mist in nice easy strokes across the page until I had the depth of color I wanted. I then covered the top half of the page with some more copier paper and sprayed the bottom with Lily Pad Glimmer Mist. The page with the peddlar walking away also has a strip of Glimmer Mist Coffee Shop as the path. After that I used Pebbles Chalk to fill in any white portions across the horizon, giving the background a bit more depth.

Once the background was done, I went back to ZooBalloo Cricut cartridge and cut several monkeys using my Expression, varying the sizes from 1.5 inches to 2.5 inches and “flipping” a few. I hand sketched the caps and the peddlar and paper pieced them together using scraps from my stash. The photomats are Spellbinders Nestabilities—Petite Scalloped circles and Classic Circles (small). Blue circles were edged with Bundled Sage Distress Ink and the green circles were edged with Tumbled Glass Distress Ink.

Another month done! Hope you try “painting” with glimmer mist too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails